This privacy notice is designed to tell you about the privacy practices for Mylightingsource.com and its network of websites regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information that you may provide via our site(s). This information is intended for the use by residents of the United States and Canada.
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We collect and store information you provide through our website. For example, we collect information from you when you place an order, create an account, call us with a question, write a review, or use any of our services.
The information we collect from you includes things like:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Demographic and lifestyle information, such as age, personal interests and product preferences
We collect information related to your interactions with our website to create a superior, personalized shopping experience, when you are online. This information includes your IP address, browsing behavior while on our website, browser and device characteristics, and referring URLs. This information is collected and stored using a variety of common technologies, including various types of cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and tags. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions or functionalities of our sites or most sites on the Internet.
Third Party Sites and Services
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for things like:
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services or information
- Processing returns, replacements, and cancellations
- Tracking and confirming online orders
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us
- Identifying you on our websites and tailoring advertisements and offers to you (both on our websites and on other websites) based on your interactions with us online
- Facilitating interactions with Quoizellightingsource.com and others, such as enabling you to e-mail a link to a friend
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties.
Duncan Lighting and Home LLC is the parent company of Mylightingsource.com and its network of sites, and as such, if you provide information to any of the businesses, stores or websites owned or operated by us, this information may be combined or shared among current or future Duncan Lighting and Home LLC. entities, including affiliates and subsidiaries and will be governed by each of their privacy policies, as applicable.
We may share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Fulfilling orders
- Delivering packages
- Maintaining our preferred customer program
- Sending Mylightingsource.com or network marketing communications
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing chat functions
Sometimes we may be required to share personal information in response to a regulation, court order or subpoena. We may also share information when we believe it’s necessary to comply with the law. We may also share information to respond to a government request or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Mylightingsource.com, our customers, or others; to prevent harm or loss; or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
We may also share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event. You will be notified via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on our applicable website(s) of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How We Protect the Information We Collect
When you are shopping online we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it. Mylightingsource.com cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. The Mylightingsource.com websites use encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL protects information you submit via our websites such as ordering information, including your name, address and credit card number.
You may choose to:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications
- Update and correct your personal information
- Deactivate your account
- Request removal of content or personal information posted by you from our website. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your content or personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Please note: Even if we are able to anonymize or make your content or information no longer visible, this does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your content or personal information from the Internet as third parties may retain screen shots of our site’s web pages (e.g., cache files).
To do any of these, let us know by one of these methods:
- Follow the directions in a marketing e-mail or direct mail or mobile communication that you receive from us
- Call Mylightingsource.com with your request and current contact information
- Send an e-mail with your request and current contact information to:Sales@mylightingsource.com
You can opt out of interest-based advertising from third party providers who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at www.aboutads.info/choices.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Links to Other Websites
Social Media Widgets